General Terms and Conditions
Shipping and Return Policy
Please note that the policies and procedures below apply to all Bosma Enterprises (“Bosma”) products.
Standard Shipping Policy
Shipping for Bosma products will be FOB Origin unless FOB Destination is otherwise agreed upon in writing between Bosma and the customer.
- FOB Origin: FOB Origin means the cost of delivery is not included in the product price, and the customer pays the related freight charges and handles any freight claims. Customers may request special shipping arrangements, including, but not limited to, next day delivery or second day delivery. Requests for non-standard shipping arrangements must be made before noon Eastern Standard Time for same-day shipment. Customers will be notified of back order status as soon as possible. Backordered products will be shipped as soon as they are available by standard ground freight. Damages resulting from handling by the customer’s carrier must be resolved by the customer and will not be Bosma’s responsibility. Bosma will not accept returns of purchased product for full credit or provide any credit for damaged goods that were damaged by the customer’s carrier.
- FOB Destination: FOB Destination means the cost of delivery, within the continental United States, is included in the product price and Bosma pays the related standard ground freight charges and handles any freight claims. Customers may request special shipping arrangements, including, but not limited to, next-day delivery or second-day delivery; however, freight charges in excess of standard ground freight will be charged and will appear on the customer’s invoice. Requests for non-standard shipping arrangements must be made before noon Eastern Standard Time for same-day shipment. Customers will be notified of backorder status as soon as possible. Backordered products will be shipped as soon as they are available by standard ground freight at no additional charge to the customer.
When discount pricing is allowed, all applicable products in an order must be delivered to the same address.
Bosma can ship products to destinations outside the continental United States, including, but not limited to, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Alaska. Additional charges shall apply for FOB Destination products delivered outside the continental United States. These charges shall be added to the customer’s invoice. When special or export freight is required, all additional costs beyond standard ground freight will be added to the customer’s invoice for FOB Destination products. Should a customer utilize a different carrier during any portion of the shipment, Bosma shall not be responsible for any damage that may occur after such product leaves the control of Bosma’s designated carrier.
Bosma will use reasonable efforts to comply with shipping requests and/or instructions requested by the customer. In the absence of any specific shipping instructions, Bosma will ship by the method to be determined at Bosma’s discretion to the ship-to address specified at the time of order. All products shall be packed for standard ground freight unless otherwise requested by the customer and agreed to by Bosma in writing prior to the time of shipping. Additional costs incurred for special packaging will be added to the customer’s invoice.
Before accepting delivery of any shipment, customers are required to inspect the shipment for damage to the product and/or missing product. Freight damage and shortages must be noted on the freight bill at the time of delivery. In addition to noting damages on the freight bill, customers may refuse delivery of the damaged portion of the shipment. The customer may accept the whole shipment or accept delivery only of the undamaged portion of the shipment. By accepting delivery of the shipment without noting any damage or shortages on the freight bill, the customer acknowledges the shipment was received in satisfactory condition and in conformity with the customer’s order.
If goods are accepted that have been damaged in transit, the customer shall retain the original shipping carton. Failure by the customer to do so may void any and all claims by the customer for return to or credit from Bosma. If a customer accepts delivery of a damaged portion of a shipment, it must be held at the destination point. Failure to retain it at the destination point shall void any and all claims by the customer for return of the product or credit for the price paid. The customer shall preserve and protect the damaged goods until Bosma has inspected them and notified the customer in writing that their duty to preserve is complete.
Any damage noted by the customer at the time of delivery must be claimed in accordance with the RGA process described in the Customer Returns section below along with proof of damage to Bosma within 30 calendar days of receiving the product(s).
Any concealed damage not noted by the customer at the time of delivery must be claimed in accordance with the RGA process described in the Customer Returns section below along with proof of damage to Bosma within 30 calendar days of receiving the product(s). Bosma shall have a reasonable amount of time within which to notify the customer of its decision regarding the customer’s claim. Failure to claim damages within 30 calendar days shall result in an automatic denial of any claim by the customer, the product(s) shall not be eligible for return or credit, and all goods shipped shall be deemed accepted.
The customer shall notify Bosma of any other non-conforming order within 30 calendar days of receiving the shipment and by submitting written proof of the non-conforming order to Bosma. Bosma shall have 30 calendar days after the receipt of Proof of Delivery (POD) and any other claim documentation from the carrier to correct the non-conforming order. Failure to notify Bosma within 30 calendar days of receiving the shipment shall result in denial of any claim. Claims not otherwise authorized under the Customer Returns section below will be denied.
Sorting or Segregating Of Goods
Any request to Bosma for the carrier to unload or sort the product must be made at the time the order is placed. If customers request Bosma or the carrier unloaded and sort or segregate products at their destination, additional fees will be charged.
Scheduling Of Deliveries
If a carrier attempts to make a delivery of customer’s shipment during normal business hours and is refused by the customer or the customer’s agent or is unable to deliver the customer’s shipment for any reason beyond the control of the carrier, Bosma shall charge the customer all carrier fees incurred, including both delivery and return. If a customer requests a delivery date, the request shall be made at the time the order is placed. Bosma will make a reasonable effort to schedule delivery accordingly; however, Bosma cannot guarantee delivery date.
Consignee contracts are the full and complete responsibility of the customer.
Customers wishing to return purchased product to Bosma for any reason must first obtain a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) number from Bosma’s Customer Care Department prior to returning the merchandise. To request an RGA number, please contact Bosma’s Customer Care Department by calling toll-free (800) 362-5463 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The RGA number is valid for 30 calendar days after issuance. Any return after 30 calendar days is not authorized, and no credit shall be issued.
Provided the claim is made in accordance with the criteria below, Bosma will accept a return of purchased product for full credit if: a) the product received was incorrect due to an error by Bosma in filling the order, b) the product is defective, or c) the product was damaged in transit. If the product is damaged in transit, the customer must follow the proper procedures for filing a damage claim as set forth under the Claims section above. All other returns are subject to the following terms and conditions as well as a 20% re-stocking fee as described below. Product damaged by a carrier selected and arranged for by a customer shall not be the responsibility of Bosma and shall be handled directly between customer and that carrier.
To be eligible for credit, returned merchandise must meet the following criteria:
- Be pre-authorized in writing for return by Bosma’s Customer Care Department.
- Have a valid RGA number issued within the past 30 calendar days by Bosma’s Customer Care Department.
- Be claimed for credit within 60 calendar days of the return date if the product is food or within 90 calendar days of the return date for all other products.
- Be free of any type of damage or exposure to direct sunlight, ozone gas or other hostile environments.
- Be in the original sealed shipping carton(s)provided by Bosma.
- Be returned with the freight pre-paid unless due to manufacturer’s error, transit damage or incorrect goods received due to an error in filling the customer’s order.
- Bosma will determine the mode of transportation to be used for these returns.
- Bosma will not accept C.O.D. deliveries.
Bosma reserves the right to reject any return that does not comply with the terms of the Bosma Shipping, Freight and Return Policies. Credit for approved returns will not be applied and will remain open until the product(s) has been received and inspected by Bosma and determined by it to meet the return criteria as set forth above. Merchandise returned for any reason without prior authorization will not be eligible for credit.
BOSMA DOES NOT GUARANTEE AGAINST DETERIORATION CAUSED BY: WEAR, AGE, ABUSE, FAILURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT, IMPROPER STORAGE OR IMPROPER USE. ALL OTHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Questions about these policies may be addressed to:
6270 Corporate Dr.
Indianapolis, IN 46278
PH: (317) 684-0600
TOLL-FREE: (800) 362-5463
Fax: (800) 684-1946